Recompence was named “Best Coastal Camping” in 2010 and 2014 by Yankee Magazine!
Wolfe’s Neck Farm’s Recompence Shore Campground is a family-oriented campground on Maine’s coast. Situated on 626 acres of oceanfront farmland and forest, we offer 130 campsites set amid breathtaking scenery in an ideal location for outdoor activities, or simply sitting around the campfire enjoying time with family and friends. Kayak, canoe and bicycle rentals provide opportunities to explore the unique environment surrounding the campground, Wolfe’s Neck Farm and Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park.
Conveniently located just 30 minutes from Portland, the campground serves as a wonderful “home base” for area activities. Local offerings include sandy beaches, golf courses, L.L. Bean and shopping at Freeport’s 10+ outlet stores. Maine favorites like lighthouses, berry picking, hiking and fishing are just a short ways away.
Is all of this recreation making you hungry? Grab some ice cream or a pizza from the Snack Shack, or sample one of the area’s fabulous restaurants.
The campground is a part of Wolfe’s Neck Farm Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization stewarding 626 acres on Wolfe’s Neck
•Click here to read some history on the farm and campground
Recompence Shore Campground is a member of:
- The Maine Campground Owners Association (MECOA)
- National Association of of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC)
- Maine Association of Nonprofits
- Maine Tourism Association
- Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA)
- Maine Youth Camping Foundation
- Greater Freeport Chamber of Commerce
- Freeport Merchants Association
- Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce
134 Burnett Road, Freeport, Maine 04032
•Click here for directions to the campground
Phone: (207) 865-9307
GPS Coordinates: 43.831056, -70.066568